Thursday 2 February 2012

my first post

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog.  I will start by tellling you all a little about myself. 

I am a wife to a negleted husband and mother of 3 (4yr old boy called Charlie and the twins Molly and Alfie who are 2yrs old)  They all keep me very busy but I still find time to do what I love which is crafting.  Over the years I have dabbled in just about everything but the things I keep going back to is Jewellery Making, Knitting and Crochet.  I also love love fimo. 

I have for as long as I can remember have always sewn, knitted and crocheted thanks to the tutorials like many others from my Grandmother and Mother. My specality is starting a project and either not finishing it or finishing it a year later. 

My experimenting with jewellery making started when the twins were born, I suffered from postnatal depression quite badly and found it a very theraputic.  It was a way for me to switch off but soon be came and obbcession (which my poor husand put up with as I eventually stated to take over a corner of the living room.  This eventually lead to me selling my items to family and friends and when my confidence grow a little more to anyone who would buy my items.

Lately I have racked out my knitting needs and crochet hooks and have started pottering with them again.  I intend to use this blog to share my secrets and show you my work. 

I would appreciate any feedback you could give me so that I can grow my little shops on Folksy and Etsy and well as my facebook page.  So please feel free to leave comments and feedback. 

Anyway better go I have 3 little monsters to get ready for bed.  I intend to post again with my latest project my toddlers leg warmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers